Don’t let a cavity ruin your smile or cause you pain. With our Clear Lake Dentist, composite fillings can help restore teeth damaged by cavities and decay to their full form, function and natural appearance. If you begin to experience tooth pain, soreness, discoloration, or other symptoms of more advanced tooth decay, contact Premier Dental to schedule an appointment to see Mauricio Rodriguez, DDS without delay.
Anyone who has teeth can be at risk of tooth decay and cavities. In fact, it is likely that most people in Clear Lake will develop a cavity at least once in their life. Cavities happen when a surface of the tooth becomes damaged and the inside of the tooth begins to decay, causing holes, or cavities, to form in the teeth. Early diagnosis and treatment are essential to prevent the damage done to the tooth. Although daily brushing and flossing greatly deter the possibility of tooth decay, only a thorough examination by a dentist can spot tooth decay and cavities.
Why Choose Composite Fillings In Clear Lake from Premier Dental?
Cavities caused by tooth decay are treated by removing the damaged portion of the tooth and then “filling” in the missing portions of the tooth to restore its form. The restoration can be done using many filling materials, including a composite resin, gold, amalgam (mercury mixed with silver, tin, zinc, and copper), or porcelain. One of the most popular is the composite material made of glass and quartz particles added to a resin mix that restores the teeth to their natural appearance.
Why do so many patients and dentists opt for composite fillings? Well, fillings made from composite materials offer several advantages:
- Natural tooth color
- Strength (more durable than porcelain)
- Can be placed in a single visit
- Does not expand and contract like amalgam
- Don’t require as much removal of healthy tooth structure as amalgam and other restoration materials
- Forms a strong bond with the tooth enamel
Schedule your examination with Dr. Rodriguez to discuss your cavity treatment options. If you desire a filling that restores your tooth to its original appearance, composite fillings may be right for you.
What To Expect From a Composite Filling Procedure
When it comes to a composite filling procedure, you most definitely can expect a positive outcome. But even still, there are things you should know in order to understand and be comfortable with what is going to happen inside your mouth.
- The procedure starts with Dr. Rodriguez and his team of highly experienced dental technicians making the patient as comfortable as possible.
- Local anesthesia is applied to numb the affected area.
- Next Dr. Rodriguez will remove and clean the decayed tissue from the affected area, disinfecting the tooth to create a sterile environment for the filling material.
- Once the tooth has been properly prepared, Dr. Rodriguez will then apply the composite material to fill the space left by the cavity.
- After the composite has been fully applied, Dr. Rodriguez will trim away any excess material, check for proper bite occlusion and polish the tooth.
Dental composite filling procedures are an excellent way to repair and replace damaged or decayed areas of teeth, allowing the restoration of a smile that is natural-looking and more resistant to tooth decay.
Premier Dental Can Help With Your Composite Fillings
Left untreated, tooth decay can lead to cavities and a whole host of dental problems. If it’s been a while since you’ve seen a dentist, schedule an appointment at the Clear Lake family dentistry clinic, Premier Dental. We provide several options for patients with cavities, including natural-looking composite fillings.
Premier Dental serves patients in Clear Lake, Webster, TX, Friendswood, League City, Nassau Bay, Seabrook, and other South Houston communities. We accept most forms of dental insurance and offer a variety of payment options. Never been here before? No problem, we always welcome new patients.