Despite the advancement in dentistry, people still lose teeth to injury and gum disease. Until a few decades ago, dental bridges and dentures were the only options to replace missing teeth. Today, dental implants are popularly becoming the go-to tooth replacement because they provide almost the same function, appearance, and feel just like your natural teeth.
At Premier Dental in Webster, Texas, we have replaced hundreds of missing teeth with dental implants. While most patients are usually jittery about the length of the treatment, most find the procedure worth the wait, especially when they have all the details before undergoing the treatment. With this in mind, here is what to expect from dental implant treatment:
- Oral examination: Our dental team examines your oral health to rule out gum disease and tooth decay that may compromise the success of a dental implant. Plus, we use dental x-rays to establish if you have enough jawbone to support an implant. If not, we recommend bone grafting or mini implants.
- Tooth extraction: If the tooth to be replaced is severely damaged or decayed, we remove it gently right here in our office.
- Implant insertion: Dr. Mauricio Rodriguez drills a hole into your jawbone to insert an implant and then places a protective cover over the implant. This procedure might sound invasive, but we use anesthesia to minimize pain and discomfort.
- Healing: The implant takes a few months to fuse with the jawbone through osseointegration.
- Abutment and crown installation: Once fusion has taken place, we install an abutment that adds length to your implant. Finally, we install a crown — the tooth’s visible part — to complete the dental implant process.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Oh! Where do we begin? Dental implants yield numerous benefits:
- Implants are long-lasting — in fact, they can last for life with proper care
- They prevent bone loss
- They are versatile for replacing one or several lost teeth
- They restore your oral functionality
- They function, look, and feel like natural teeth
- They require minimal maintenance
Want to know if you are a suitable candidate for dental implants? Please dial (281) 317-6401 to book an appointment with Premier Dental of Webster, Texas.