Webster Sedation Dentistry
Do you suffer from dental fear, dental anxiety, dentist phobia, odontophobia, or dentophobia? Do you need to get dental work done, but are too afraid to go to the dentist?
For at least 36% of the adult population in the United States, going to the dentist is a stressful occurrence because of dental anxiety (source).
Dental anxiety can be caused by many factors, including::
- A negative experience during a prior dental procedure
- A low tolerance for pain
- Sensitive teeth or nerves
- General anxiety disorders
- Horror stories from others about what could go wrong during a procedure
- Difficulty sitting still for any length of time
- A feeling of being out of control
- A problem with having people touch you
- A sensitive gag reflex
- The need for a significant amount of dental work to be completed in one appointment
Premier Dental – Your Webster Sedation Dentist
Don’t let your fear of the dentist prevent you from having the healthiest and most beautiful smile possible. Call Premier Dental to schedule an appointment with leading Webster Sedation Dentist Dr. Mauricio Rodriguez DDS to determine if you are a candidate for sedation dentistry.
Sedation dentistry, also known as sleep dentistry, uses medication to help patients who suffer from dental anxiety relax during their procedures.
Inhaled Sedation, Oral Sedation and IV Sedation Dentistry in Webster
At Premier Dental, our Webster Sedation Dentists offer three types of sedation to patients:
- Inhaled sedation (Nitrous Oxide, also known as “Laughing Gas”)
- Oral Sedation (usually the drug Halcion)
- IV Sedation
Patients can discuss the following available sedation options with the dentist:
- Minimal sedation, in which you are awake, but in a relaxed state.
- Moderate, or “conscious” sedation, a state in which you may slur your words and not remember much about the procedure.
- Deep sedation, a state in which you are on the edge of unconsciousness but can still be awakened.
- General anesthesia, true “sleep dentistry” — you are completely unconscious during the procedure.
Dental sedation helps nervous patients get through many types of dental treatments, including root canals, tooth extractions, dental implantation, and other procedures.
Going to the Dentist Really Can Be a Stress Free Experience
Don’t let dentophobia ruin your smile. Get a new smile while you relax! Call our Sedation Dentist in Webster, Mauricio Rodriguez DDS and Premier Dental, at (281) 317-6401 to determine if you are a candidate for a sedation dental procedure. We provide the latest in sedation dentistry to patients in Webster, Friendswood, League City, El Lago, Seabrook, Kemah and other communities. We’re always happy to welcome new patients and accept most forms of insurance.