If your wisdom teeth aren’t problematic, there’s no reason to have them extracted. However, if they’re coming in crooked or become impacted, it could lead to oral infections. At this point, your Webster, Texas dentist may recommend that you get wisdom teeth removed to preserve your oral health. At Premier Dental, we offer safe, pain-free wisdom tooth extraction services to residents of Webster, Texas, and surrounding areas.
Reasons to Have Wisdom Teeth Removed
Dr. Mauricio Rodriguez from Premier Dental may recommend having wisdom teeth removed if:
- They emerge partway through your gums and then stop. This makes it challenging to keep that area clean, which increases your risk of decay and gum disease.
- They can’t emerge due to becoming impacted in your jaw, putting you at risk of developing oral infections.
- They crowd adjacent teeth due to not having sufficient space to grow. This can push adjacent teeth out of alignment.
Signs You May Need to Have Wisdom Teeth Extracted
The following are a few signs to watch out for to indicate that you may need to get your wisdom teeth removed:
- Pain and sensitivity in the area where wisdom teeth are growing when you eat, brush your teeth, or sporadically for no reason. Pain is the first sign wisdom teeth may need to go.
- Swollen, sensitive gums that make it difficult to brush your teeth in that area.
- Jaw pain and stiffness due to wisdom teeth overcrowding adjacent teeth or moving them out of alignment. You may feel discomfort when opening your mouth or moving your jaw about.
- Growing problems with your sinuses, congestion, headaches, and earaches
- Noticeable changes in your bite due to wisdom teeth not having sufficient space to grow and pushing adjacent teeth out of alignment. Bite changes can affect how you chew and cause extra wear and tear on surrounding teeth.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction in Webster, Texas
A dental evaluation from Dr. Mauricio Rodriguez can determine if a wisdom tooth extraction is the best course of action for you. To schedule a consultation for wisdom teeth removal, contact Premier Dental, Webster, Texas, at (281) 317-6401.